Wednesday, September 22, 2010

stealing my crown

Everyone knows that I am the queen of back seat driving - I'm sorry to those who suffer through it, I just can't help myself.  Well, I have been dethroned and by none other than my darling 4.8 yo, Sylvie.  I didn't teach her, I swear!  It all started with that curious little mind of hers - you know, the one that asks a million questions about every tiny detail of the world.

Living in Los Angeles, where drivers are morons and she may have heard a honk or two and possibly some 'what are you doing?!' to said morons, it has lead her to question all things related to driving.  It started off with, 'mommy, why did that car almost hit us?' and has branched out into why we stop at the red light, go at green, laws, pedestrians, on and on.  She feels as though she has mastered driving theory and needs to point out how I should man the road.  For example, I was at least ten cars back at a red light, the light turns green and within a nanosecond, Sylvie is telling me, in her sweet and kind voice (yea, right!) 'GO, mommy the light is GREEN!' or when I was a block and a half from just turned red light and she told me to 'STOP'.  My favorite is when I was turning left, waiting for traffic to clear and I hear 'mom, what are you waiting for, GO!'.  Um, should I drive into the massive amount of cars coming our way?

Karma. Mom, you are laughing right now.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha.. this is hilarious. love that child and all her craziness.

    ReplyDelete